Head of Research Unit
Power Electronic System Characterization and Reliability
Europastraße 12, 9524 Villach
Your future responsibilitiesLeadership
- Establishment of a dedicated research unit focusing on multidomain characterisation of power electronic components and systems
- Setting up and managing of research project together with different industrial and scientific partners.
- Definition and leading of funded research projects.
- Shaping the division research program and project portfolio together with supervisors and peers
- Research unit budget and resource planning and controlling
- Overall, encouraging the research unit towards generation of high-quality research findings, scientific excellence and economic impact.
- Multiphysics characterization of power semiconductor devices (especially wide bandgap) and passive components, with focus on electrical and thermal domains
- Modelling of aging, fatigue, and other lifetime-related aspects for power electronic devices, circuits, and components.
- Development of appropriate tools for lifetime investigations and in situ management
- Nonlinear, coupled dynamic modeling and computer simulation of power electronic circuits, passive components, and semiconductor devices
- Model-experiment correlation
- Power semiconductor gate driving techniques, with a focus on emerging, active techniques
- PhD degree in electrical engineering, electronics, applied physics or related fields with a specialization in power electronics.
- Having at least 4 years of experience in power electronic component and system characterization (electrical, thermal) including aging and reliability aspects
- Strong scientific track record as evidenced by publications, invited lectures, etc.
- Knowledge of semiconductor physics is a plus
- Experience with 3D heterogeneous integration methods and PCB embedding technologies in power electronics
- Experience with multi-physics numerical simulation
- Strong programming ability with Python, Matlab, or similar language
- Multi-year experience in planning and execution of research and development projects with scientific targets
- Experience with the Austrian and European funding landscape
- Active industrial and academic network
- Project management skills
- Autonomous, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and multi-cultural team
- Innovative and keen on finding solutions for applied research challenges
- Leadership qualities, the ability to inspire, promote and motivate young scientists and researchers to achieve their best performance
- Oral and written communication skills in English
Important FactsBeginning of the employment: 01.10.2020
This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of € 80.000 based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.