PhD Student in Wireless Communication for Critical Control in the Factory of the Future
Your future responsibilities
- Factory communication is facing the leap of the new generation wired and wireless technologies e.g. TSN, WiFi6, 5G, and more, expanding from automation to the IIoT. In this context, this project focuses on theoretic work, simulation and empirical research to use for factory automation 5G and WIFI6 technologies. This will lead to the investigation on requirements and challenges for communication of sensors and actuators used in industrial environments and design of protocols and methodologies for critical control in factory of the future.
Your profileTechnical Skills:
- Applicants should have a Master of Science degree in a relevant field such as Electrical Engineering, Physics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Communications or similar
- Eexcellent English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Advantageous qualifications: Knowledge of mobile communications systems, wireless communication, simulation tools such as NS3 and OMNET++
- Programming skills: C++, Python, Java
- Both team player and independent researcher
- Highly motivated
- Beginning of the employment: September 2020
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of € 40.978 based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.