PhD Student in High-Performance Building Blocks for mm-wave Transceivers in Communications and Radar
Your future responsibilities
- Research will be focused on building blocks for mm-wave applications like communications and radar. The candidate will innovate in either receive, transmit, or frequency synthesis in coordination with other researcher in the SAL mm-wave laboratory.
Your profileTechnical Skills:
- Strong background in circuit design and layout of integrated circuits, and RF and communications theory required
- Candidate must be able to handle the Cadence tool set and electro-magnetic field solvers (2.5D and/or 3D)
- Knowledge of measurement equipment incl. RF and experience in HW RF verification strongly desired
- Candidate must be both team player and independent researcher
- Proficiency in English required, German language skills not required but a plus
- Highly motivated
- High energy level
- Strong analytical skills required
- Sufficient background in electrical engineering a must
- Beginning of the employment: September 2020
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of € 40.978 based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.