(Senior) Silicon Photonic Design Engineer
High Tech Campus Villach, Europastraße 12, 9524 Villach, Austria
Your future responsibilities
- Design and development of advanced passive and active silicon photonic platforms such as waveguides, filters, tapers, detectors and emitters from concept to prototype
- Perform layout design, Multiphysics modelling (FEM), and optimisation of integrated silicon Photonic structures and devices
- and work with process engineers to implement the MEMS microfabrication process and prototyping in a R&D clean room facility
- Design of suitable characterisations test bench to evaluate the performance of photonic devices
- Data analysis and design optimization
- Scientific report, documentation, generating new intellectual property including patent applications, writing of proposals
- Project management
- PhD degree in applied physics, electrical engineering, microengineering or related fields with a focus on photonics and micro- and nanotechnology preferably with a specialisation in Silicon Photonic MEMS and integrated photonics
- Having at least 4 years of experience in design of related silicon photonic devices; Or a post-doc with a very good scientific publication list
- Expert using electromagnetic simulations software (FDTD, wave guide mode solvers, beam propagation method, etc.)
- Strong programming ability with Python, Matlab, or similar language
- Hands-on experience with photonic component development and photonic integrated circuit design and characterization, particularly in Silicon Photonics
- Good knowledge on applications based on MEMS and silicon photonic technologies
- Good knowledge inand practical and professional experience in
- Interested in application-oriented development of innovative sensors and actuators concepts based on MEMS technologies
- Autonomous, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and multicultural team.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Beginning of the employment: as soon as possible
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of starting with € 43,820 based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.