(Senior) Scientist Photonic MEMS
High Tech Campus Villach, Europastraße 12, 9524 Villach, Austria
Your future responsibilities
- Development of silicon Photonic MEMS devices from concept to prototype.
- Analysis, Multiphysics modelling (FEM), design (CAD) and optimisation of silicon Photonic MEMS devices and sensors.
- MEMS microfabrication and prototyping in clean room facility.
- Optical characterisations of MEMS devices.
- Scientific communication / reporting of research results.
- Project management and applying for new funding projects.
- PhD degree in microengineering or in related fields such as mechanical or electrical engineering, or applied physics, with a focus on micro- and nanotechnology preferably with a specialisation in silicon Photonic MEMS.
- Having at least 1 or 2 years post-doc with a good scientific publication list is a plus
- Good knowledge on sensing application based on MEMS and Photonic MEMS technologies such as silicon waveguides, photonic crystals, plasmonics and etc.
- Good knowledge about other MEMS technolgies such as piezo material is a plus
- Good knowledge in semiconductor technologies and practical and professional experience in cleanroom microfabrication processes.
- Familiar with FEM simulation methods and tools.
- Interested in silicon Photonic MEMS development and have a prior experience to design MEMS devices.
- Interested in application-oriented development of innovative sensors and actuators concepts.
- Autonomous, well organized and enjoy working in a dynamic and multicultural team.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Beginning of the employment: as soon as possible
- This position is endowed with a gross annual salary of € 43.820 based on the collective agreement for research („Forschungs-Kollektivvertrag“) and depending on your experience and skills.